Land of the Pharaohs A resting place for the gods
1. Imitate: to seek to follow the example, take as one’s model or pattern
2. Spire: the top part of a pointed tapering object pr structure as a mountain peak.
3. Hidden: concealed, out of sight .
4. Inside: indoors, internal.
5. Fortune: a large quantity of Money or possessions; wealth riches.
6. Entrance: a place for entering; indoor, gate etc.
7. Seal: secured, closed, held together
8. Internal: inner
9. Stunning: remarkably attractive, excellent.
10. Presence: the fact or condition of being present
11. Army: a large, organized body of soldiers for waging war.
12. Battle: fight or struggle
13. Judge: an elected or appointed offical with authority to hear and decide cases in a court of law
14. Criminal: a person guilty of a crime
15. Sculptor: one whose occupation is to carve statues, or works of sculpture.
16. Engineer: a person who makes engines
17. Labourer: an unskilled or semiskilled worker.
18. Horizon: the line where the sky seems to meet the earth
19. District: part of a country, city etc.
20. Architect: a person whose profession is designing and drawing up plans for buildings. Bridges etc.
21. Designer:a person who makes original sketches, patterns
22. Imperssion: an effect produced, as on the mind or senses by some force or influence.
23. Inspire: influnce, to affect with a specified feeling or thought
24. Superhuman: grater than that of a normal human being
25. Purpose: aim intention
26. Common: general, familiar
27. Fascinate: to hold the attention of by being very interesting
28. Massive: large or impressive; huge
29. Stone:a piece of rock of relatively small size
30. Monument: a structure surviving from a former period
31. Rest: peace, ease and refreshment as produced by sleep
32. Tomb: a burial monument/ grave for the dead
33. Pharaoh: king
34. Smooth: having an even or level surface, no roughness
35. Stairway: a means of acces, as form one level of a building to another, consisting of a series of stairs
36. Proverb: a short, traditional saying that expresses some obvious truth or familiar experiance
37. Slop: to spill, slide
38. Side:any of the lines or surfaces that bound or limit something
39. Ancient: very old
40. Wonder: a remarkable view
41. Solid: firm strong
42. Limestone: a sendimentary rock consisting mainly of calcium carbonate…
43. Distance: a remote point
44. Sight: a remarkable or spectacular view
definitions are from yourdictionary.com
We added 2 more challenges on the wiki for April Fool’s Day and Easter. I’m sure you’ll create wonderful things.
And here comes your new challenge for the wiki project, Celebr8U&MeDigitally:
There are several activities that you can choose from. Choose one or as many as you want.
b) Research different genres such as tragedy, comedy, vaudeville or another one of your choice and share your findings through Glogster.
d) A role play: One of you is the actor/actress of a play and the other is the reporter. Write the interview then act it out. Record your interview using Vocaroo.
e) Take part of thet Shake Film Fest. And even if you miss the deadline post your film and share it with us.
Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It’s free and fun!
March 8 is the international women’s day: Our next small talk topic for our classes will be the most important women in history.
a) talk about 5 extra ordinary women who played a great role in history and tell why you have chosen them.
b) Choose the most influential woman of all times and introduce her to the class.
c) Prepare a talk on why international women’s day is celebrated. You can prepared them as group or pair work.
Bring some pictures and your notes because we are going to prepare our posters in the class on March 5.
Here is a game for you to play and to learn. I hope you will enjoy it. Check the flashcards first.